18-08-2021 | 14:53 PM
• Solarpunk is an art movement that envisions how the future might look if humanity succeeded in solving major contemporary challenges with an emphasis on sustainability problems such as climate change and pollution.
• Solarpunk describes a multitude of media such as literature, fine arts, architecture, fashion, music, tattoos, and video games in a similar manner to adjacent movements such as steampunk and cyberpunk as well as more established art movements like Baroque and Art Nouveau and Impressionism.
• The iconography of solarpunk focuses on renewable energies such as solar and wind power.
• Solarpunk is highly concerned with technology but also embraces low-tech ways of living sustainably. For instance, gardening, positive psychology, and DIY culture.
Ideology of Solarpunk
• Solarpunk comprises many aspects of punk ideologies such as egalitarianism, humanitarianism, anti-consumerism, anti-authoritarianism, anti-corporatism, anti-war, anti-racism, anti-sexism, decolonization, animal rights etc. It also comprises aspects of the free-culture movement, freedom of information, and free software.