Odisha Public Service Commission Assistant Executive Engineer exam also referred to as OPSC AEE is conducted each year to select appropriatecandidates for the posts of Assistant Executive Engineers. The Selection for the OPSC AEE vacancies is done on the basis of the Written Test and Viva Voce Test. The written includes Prelims and Mains written exam.
OPSC AEE Recruitment 2020 notification was released on26th August 2020. The last date for the online registration is 5th October 2020. Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must be aware about the important dates for OPSC AEE exam 2020. Kindly make a note of the same as to apply for OPSC AEE EXAM 2020 successfully. One can visit the official website www.opsc.gov.in/ to apply for the same. The exam dates for prelims and mains for OPSC AEE EXAM will be notified in a due course.
The selection process for the OPSC AEE Recruitment 2020 is on the basis of the Written Test and Viva Voce Test. The written will include of Prelims and Mains written exam.
The exam pattern of OPSC AEE exam comprises of two phases i.e Preliminary and Mains followed by VIVA-VOCE TEST. Preliminary exam comprises of 100 MCQs carrying one mark each. The maximum time allotted to attempt the question paper is 1.5 hours. There is no particular section as the questions are based on the Engineering stream syllabus of the graduation level topics. Mains exam comprises of two Papers 1 and 2 having 150 questions each and total of 300 marks. Paper 1 comprises of questions related to General Studies including basic sciences and General Awareness/ knowledge to be attempted in 2 hours duration. Paper 2 comprises of specialized Paper involving the stream of Civil Engineering,
Then it is followed by Viva Voce session carrying 75 marks. It also follows negative marking of 0.5 for every wrong answer.
The topics or the syllabus for OPSC AEE (Civil) Preliminary exam are:
1 Engineering Mechanics
2 Strength of Materials
3 Structural analysis
4 Concrete Structure
5 Steel Structure
6 Solid Mechanics
7 Fluid Mechanics
9 Transportation Engineering
The syllabus for OPSC AEE MAINS exam is:
Paper 1 includes
General Studies including Science and General Awareness/ Knowledge
Paper 2 includes Specialized Paper (Civil Engineering) with following topics:
- SOLID MECHANICS:- Elastic constants, plane stress, plane strain, Mohr’s circle, combined stress; Elastic theories of failure; Simple bending, Shear; Torsion of circular and rectangular sections and simple members. Bending Moment and Shear Force in statically determinate
- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS:- Analysis of determinate structures – different methods including graphical methods. Analysis of indeterminate skeletal frames – moment distribution, slope deflection, stiffness and force methods, energy methods, Muller-Breslau principle, and application. Plastic analysis of indeterminate beams and simple frames – shape factors. Basic concepts of matrix method of structural analysis
- DESIGN OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES:- Limit state design for bending, shear, axial compression and combined forces. Codal provisions for slabs, beams, walls andPrinciples of prestressed concrete design, materials, methods of prestressing, losses. Design of simple members.
- DESIGN OF STEEL STRUCTURES (Based on Limit State Method):- Analysis and design of tension and compression members, Column bases, Connections- simple and eccentric beam-column connections. Plate girders and
- BUILDING MATERIALS and BUILDING CONSTRUCTION:-
- Building Materials:- Cement: Components, different types, setting times, strength. Cement Mortar: Ingredients, proportions, water demand, mortars for plastering and Concrete: Importance of W/C Ratio, Strength, ingredients including admixtures, workability, testing for strength, non-destructive testing, mix design methods. Bricks: Types, Indian Standard classification, absorption, saturation factor, strength in masonry.
- Building Construction:- Types of Foundations, Brick masonry, Stonemasonry, Floorings, Causes and prevention of cracks in buildings, Damp proofing, Special maintenance of buildings
- ESTIMATION, CONSTRUCTION PLANNING, AND MANAGEMENT:- Preliminary estimate, Detailed estimate, Specifications, and cost analysis. Bar chart, Linked bar chart, Work-breakdown structures, Activity- on – arrow diagrams, critical path, probabilistic activity durations, Event-based networks, PERT networks: Time-cost study, Resource
- WATER RESOURCES AND HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING:-
- Irrigation Engineering:- Consumptive use of water, irrigation systems, water demand assessment; Storages and their yields, ground water and well hydraulics; Waterlogging, drainage design; Design of rigid boundary canals, Lacey’s and Tractive force concepts in canal design, lining of canals; Sediment transport in canals; Forces acting on gravity dams and their design, Design of headworks, distribution works, falls, Cross- drainage works, outlets; River training
- Hydrology:- Hydrological cycle, precipitation, and related data analyses, Probable maximum precipitation, unit hydrograph, and synthetic unit hydrographs; Evaporation and transpiration; Floods and their management, Design Flood, Streams, and their gauging; Routing of floods; Capacity of Reservoirs.
- Fluid Mechanics:- Fluid Properties, Pressure, Thrust, Buoyancy; Flow Kinematics; Integration of flow equations; Flow measurement; Relative motion; Moment of momentum; Viscosity, Boundary layer and Control, Dimensional Analysis, Flow development, losses in pipe flow, Pipe networks, Flow measuring equipment and structures
- Open Channel Flow:- Momentum and Energy principles in Open channel flow, Types of flow, Flow sections and properties; Normal flow, Gradually varied flow, Hydraulic
Similarly one can visit the concerned notification for other engineering streams if they opt for other than CIVIL ENGINEERING.
The category wise vacancies notified for the OPSC AEE 2020 exam is given below:
|Name of the Category||Total Number of Vacancies|
The eligibility criteria for OPSC AEE EXAM for the candidates is that they should possess a degree in Engineering (Stream specific as per the post) from any recognized University or Institution recognized by the Government or they must be an Associated Member of the Institution of Engineers of India. Besides that, he or she should be a citizen of India.The candidates must have knowledge of Odia. He or she must be able to read, write, and speak Odia and studied it as a subject in school.
Salary Scale payable to OPSC AEE is Rs 15,600 to Rs 39,100 per month
Candidate should have attained the age of 21 years and should not be above the age of 32 years on the date of application. Age relaxation will be applicable as per Govt. Norms.
The Fee application for OPSC AEE exam is Rs. 500/- for general category and for SC/ST/PWD, the application fee is exempted. The exam fee for the OPSC AEE shall be paid only through the online mode.