The Transmission Corporation of Andhra Pradesh, also known as APTRANSCO, is an electric power transmission company based in Andhra Pradesh. It was built as a result of AP Electricity Reforms Act in 1998. Every year, APTRANSCO conducts recruitment drive for the post of Assistant Engineers in the organization. Last year 171 vacancies were filled through APTRANSCO AE Examination. The notification for this year is yet to be released.
APTRANSCO AEE Important Dates
The notification for 2020 is yet to be released and hence, the relevant dates will be announced soon. The important dates for exam held in 2019 are:
|Start Payment and Application Submission||26-Mar-2019|
|Last Date for Payment of Fee||24-Apr-2019|
|Last Date of Submission of Application||25-Apr-2019 (7 p.m.)|
|Date of Examination||19-May-2019|
1. The selection of candidates will be 100% based on written examination.
2. Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination by being ranked high, community wise will be called for document verification in 1:1 ratio.
3. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test for the above selection process shall be as follows:
- PH -30%
- Or as per Rules
- Note: Mere securing minimum qualifying marks doesn’t vest any right to a candidate for being called for verification of original certificates.
The written exam will have 100 questions in total of 1 mark each. This means the total marks is 100. The written exam paper is divided in two sections. The detailed structure of APTRANSCO exam pattern is given below:
|Sections||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Section A||Core Academic Questions (Respective Discipline)||70||70|
|Section B||Analytical Aptitude||30||30|
There is NO NEGATIVE MARKING in this examination.
The detailed syllabus for APTRANSO exam is given below.
- Data Interpretation
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest
- Work & Time
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Number Systems
- Compound Interest
- Ratio & Proportion
- Time & Distance
- Sequence & Series
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Surds & Indices
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Electric Circuits
- Transient response of dc and ac networks
- Sinusoidal steady-state analysis
- Ideal current and voltage sources
- Thevenin’s, Norton’s, Superposition and Maximum Power Transfer theorems
- Two-port networks, three-phase circuits, Power measurement
- Network graph
- KCL, KVL
- Node and mesh analysis
- Star/ delta transformation
- Electromagnetic induction
- Mutual induction
- AC fundamentals
- DC machines – types, windings, generator/ motor characteristics, armature reaction, and commutation, starting and speed control of motors
- Three-phase induction motors – principles, types, performance characteristics, starting and speed control
- Single-phase induction motors
- Single-phase transformer – equivalent circuit, phasor diagram, tests, regulation and efficiency
- Three-phase transformers – connections, parallel operation
Utilization & Control Systems
- Lag, lead and lead-lag compensation
- Heating – resistance, induction, dielectric
- Welding – spot, seam, and butt
- Electric traction – speed-time curves, tractive effort
- Principles of feedback
- Transfer function
- Block diagrams
- Steady-state errors
- Routh and Nyquist techniques
- Bode plots
- Root loci
- Digital voltmeters and multi-meters
- Bridges and potentiometers
- PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer, and induction type instruments
- Measurement of voltage, current, power, energy and power factor
- Phase, time and frequency measurement
Power Electronics and Drives
- Bridge converters – fully controlled and half controlled
- Principles of choppers and inverters
- Basic concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives.
- Semiconductor power diodes, transistors, thyristors, GTOs, MOSFETs, and IGBTs – static characteristics and principles of operation
- Triggering circuits
- Phase control rectifiers
- Principles of overcurrent, differential and distance protection
- Basic power generation concepts
- Transmission line models and Performance Underground cable, string insulators
- Distribution systems
- Per unit quantities
- Bus impedance and admittance matrices
- Load flow
- Voltage control
- Power factor correction
- Economic operation
- Symmetrical components
- Fault analysis
Analog and Digital Electronics
- Schmitt trigger
- A/D and D/A converters
- 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing
- Characteristics of diodes, BJT, FET
- Amplifiers – biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response
- Oscillators and feedback amplifiers
- Combinational and sequential logic circuits
As per the notification released in 2019, the total vacancies that were filled were 171. Following is the detailed information about the same:
|Name of the Zone||Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical)|
1. AGE: Candidate shall not be more than 42 years of age. Upper age limit will be relaxed up to 5 years in respect of SC/ST/BC candidates and up to 10 years in respect of P.H. candidates.
2. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION for Assistant Executive Engineers (Electrical): Must possess BE/B. Tech/ A.M.I.E, Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent qualification in the similar discipline from any recognized University in India.
- Scale of Pay: Rs.60155-2485-65125-2900-79625-3335-92965
- Training cum Probation: The candidates appointed to the post shall be placed on Training-cum-Probation for a period of 2 years.
- Place of posting: The candidates appointed shall be required to work at the substations of APTRANSCO for a minimum period of 3 years.
- The candidate will be governed by the rules and regulations applicable or as framed by the AP Transco and as amended from time to time. The Tripartite Agreement entered into between the APSEB, Govt. of A.P and the Employees Associations is not applicable to these candidates and they shall at no stage be entitled to claim any right what so ever arising out of the said Tripartite Agreement.
- The candidates appointed will be required to execute a Bond (in Non-Judicial stamp paper worth Rs.110/-(Rupees One hundred and ten only) at the time of joining, to serve APTRANSCO for a MINIMUM period of 5 Years after completion of Training-cum-Probation period (2 years).
- During the above bond period the candidates will deposit his/her original certificates such as Degree, date of birth and community, etc. with APTRANSCO. The Certificates so deposited with APTRANSCO shall not be returned during the above bond period.
- Candidate who leaves the APTRANSCO service during the Training-cum-Probation period shall refund the emoluments received by him/her plus Rs.30000 /-(Rupees Thirty thousand only)by way of liquidated damages.
- The Candidate who leaves the APTRANSCO service without serving a minimum period of 5 years after completion of Training-cum-Probation period shall have to pay a sum of Rs.60,000 /-(Rupees sixty thousand Only) by way of liquidated damages to the Corporation.
APTRANSCO AEE: Fee for Application
- Each applicant must pay Rs.150/- (Rupees One hundred and fifty only) towards Application Processing Fee (Registration fee).
- Applicants under General category must also pay Rs. 350/- (Three hundred and fifty only) towards Examination Fee. (Applicants belonging to SC/ST/BC Communities and PH need not pay this fee).
- Candidates belonging to States other than Andhra Pradesh will be considered in general category only and are required to pay the above-prescribed fee.